Home

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hobby Lobby Rocks My World

After jotting down some ideas for the wedding, and going through dozens and dozens of pictures, I took an impromptu trip to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnn Fabrics, which are all in close range of each other and my house. I was smart, and took a list with me so that I could write down prices for the items I wanted to buy. Another bride was doing the exact same thing and I saw her at Michaels and Hobby Lobby and she said "See, she knows how to do it. She's got a notebook and everything!" On top of that, the notebook was purple, and the pen I was writing with was purple. I think I may have even been wearing a purple shirt...

Right away I started scribbling down prices for silk flowers, aisle runners, unity candle sets, flower girl baskets, ring bearer pillows, etc. Hobby Lobby seemed to have more selection and better prices so I have purchased a lot of my wedding items there. Some goodies I've bought include:


 
these flowering bushes were regularly priced at $7.99 a piece, but they always have them on sale for 50% off so I took advantage of that. After buying one flowering bush of each of these, I looked online at many purple bouquets. I knew right away that I wanted to make my own flowers, or have someone make them for me because I knew we just wouldn't have the money to buy real flowers or even shell out for professionally arranged bouquets. I was able to find a website that had EXACTLY what I had in mind. Here are the pictures of what I wanted, from The Bride's Bouquet:

I want the bride's bouquet to look something like this, but with both shades of purple and white with the baby's breath and greenery, which can definitely be accomplished with the flowers I bought.
I want the boutonnieres to look something like this, but with bridal spray, and minimal greenery. This means I need to find bridal spray for real cheap. (Hobby Lobby to the rescue!) I found sprigs of bridal spray for $1.99 there.
I want the corsages to look like this but with two colors each and the greenery. I decided I wanted the women to wear the corsages on their chests rather than their arms because that was too Prom-like and my mother definitely agreed with me. 

So, I took the flowers over to my aunt's house, who has taken flower arranging classes, and she came up with ideas right away. I swore she picked my brain right then and there. I decided I wanted the bouquets to be circular, kind of dome shaped, with nothing really hanging down, to my mom's dismay. Basically, we couldn't figure out a way to make flowers hang without it looking goofy so we nixed the idea. 

The set up for flowers will be like this:

Bride Bouquet - Dark purple, light purple, white, and greenery 
Toss Bouquet - Smaller version of dark purple, light purple, white, and greenery 
Maid of Honor Bouquet - Dark purple, white, greenery 
Bridesmaids Bouquets - Light purple, white, greenery 

Groom's Boutonniere - White, bridal spray, greenery 
Groomsmen Boutonnieres - Dark purple, bridal spray, greenery
Fathers Boutonnieres  - Silver, greenery 
Grandfathers Boutonnieres - Light purple, greenery 

Mothers Corsages - Dark purple and silver, greenery 
Grandmothers Corsages - Light purple and silver, greenery

Because we aren't using real flowers, my aunt and I decided that we wouldn't use flowers in the centerpieces because we didn't want people to really notice that fake flowers were on the tables, so we are coming up with something different that won't include flowers. I'm not sure yet if I want any garland or anything like that to adorn decorating tables. I'll figure that out.

Also, I went to Dollar Tree and found bags of 300 white rose petals (of course for a dollar each) and bought two bags of those. I am going to dye them purple. I hope that goes well too. Pictures will be added accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment