Home

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Obsessed with The Knot?....Nah...

Yeah, right. I promise I don't check The Knot more than five times a day.... Honestly, it really is a useful tool to help you plan. There are all kinds of pictures of real weddings in lots of color combinations. It helps you manage your guest list and your budget. The to do list is really helpful because you can check off things as soon as you do them and they move to a "Completed" category. It also helps you to do things you may not have thought about in the first place. 

By mid-February, my wedding to do list included working on the guest list, making final choices on bridesmaids and groomsmen, shopping for my wedding gown, setting up the flowers, and starting on our registry. Well, I didn't do all those things in that order. I had pinned down some of the guests that I absolutely knew had to attend, and had my bridal party figured out. A couple of trips to David's Bridal to look at wedding gowns merely hammered home that whole unemployment thing. I liked several dresses that were upwards of $400. (Of course I didn't like anything less than that price. I didn't do that on purpose; it was just my taste.) What I could really work on this month was our wedding registry. Cue my extreme excitement. 

There were so many places I wanted to register but I had to be realistic and narrow it down to a couple. I knew Bed, Bath, & Beyond would definitely be on the list. I was debating over JC Penney, Kohl's, and Macy's. Macy's won that battle. Of course, I checked out the registry tab on The Knot, and I was able to figure out my "registry style," whatever that means. I guess I like traditional and classic items, so I fell in love with Fiestaware right away. (Squeal!) 

Kevin and I had decided that when we had a place of our own, we would decorate our kitchen in greens and blues. Here are the Fiestaware colors that we registered for:
 Lemongrass
 Shamrock
 Peacock

Turquoise

Other items we registered for include:

 Monogrammed towels? Yes, thank you.
 Deep fried food runs in my family.
 I plan to do a lot of baking.
 Classic Corningware. Everyone needs this.
Kitchen Aid knife block  

And lots of other goodies for the living room, bathroom, bedroom, and KITCHEN! Now, we just need to get a place of our own that has enough space for all this stuff. Let's go see what's next on The Knot's wedding checklist.

No comments:

Post a Comment