Home

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Counting Down!



Today we paid off the rest of the balance on the wedding venue! Such a weight has been lifted off our shoulders. We met with the caterer for thirty minutes where we finalized everything including seating chart, cake design, music selections, and menu. Couldn't have been easier. I strongly recommend Grafton Peek Ballroom to couples looking to have their reception or both the ceremony and the reception in one place. Couldn't ask for a nicer staff who are willing to work with you to make sure you get exactly what you want, or as close to it as they can get.
We picked out the flavors for the cake, which I hadn't even thought about because I was too busy thinking about what the design should be. The bottom (and largest) tier will be the classic white because you can never go wrong with white. The middle tier will be chocolate and the top tier will be spice cake. We are putting ribbon along the bottom of each tier and I'm gonna find some small purple roses to add as well. I'm so excited!

I need to do a dress fitting with all the fixings to make sure it all fits well together; I need to practice walking in my purple wedding shoes. Gotta get my hair done, and eyebrows waxed. (YOUCH!) Someday I promise I will try having them threaded. I hear it doesn't hurt as bad and won't leave the surrounding skin red.


There's really not the much left to be done, but I've been checking my list on The Knot to make sure I am on the right track for stuff. We still need to figure out some kind of honeymoon, if we decide to do anything at all. Right now, it's just more important to work and make money!

1 comment:

  1. Threading hurts and leaves the surrounding red skin. Everyone I've ever talked to who has had their eyebrows threaded said the same thing: "I didn't think it would hurt! But it's like getting each hair waxed, one at a time! Next time, I'll just get them waxed and get it over with quickly!"

    ReplyDelete