Home

Friday, October 28, 2011

Flower Girls and Ring Bearer Woes

My god daughters recently moved to Alabama and today I got a text message from their mother that said they couldn't make it to the wedding in two weeks. They promised me over and over before they even moved that they would make it no matter what. Needless to say, I am a little devastated. I guess they are a little hard up for cash right now, and that's completely understandable. Who isn't?

So, I think I can get them to come to the wedding if Kevin and I purchase the flower girl dresses and shoes for our god daughters. I feel horrible because we've already paid for five meals for them (3 kids, 2 parents), gifts for all three girls, the flower girl basket, and the ring bearer pillow. Not to mention I dyed hundreds of rose petals purple for the flower girl basket. So much effort has been put into getting them to this wedding, that if they didn't show up, it would literally ruin some aspects of the wedding.

I even made the programs already and included their names in the programs and I printed them on our home printer, so I won't print them again. Please keep your fingers crossed that they are able to make the six hour drive from Alabama to our wedding in Greenwood, Indiana.

This sad announcement comes just 14 days, TWO WEEKS, until the big day. With everything else that's on my mind and all the other things I need to tweak to make sure everything works out okay, I just didn't need this on top of everything. I hope they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment