Home

Friday, October 7, 2011

Seating Chart Nightmare

I never thought putting together a seating chart for the wedding reception was going to be such a nightmare. Our tables comfortably seat eight people, but what if I have a table that has nine, or just six or seven? Lots of questions are just dancing through my brain right now. Here is an example of how our tables would typically look:



Imagine that table with purple linen napkins and chair sashes. Eight seats, eight napkins, eight favor boxes, voila? Right? WRONG! I want to put families all together; I want to put friends all together; I want people to know who they are sitting with, but in reality, people are just going to have sit with people they don't know and mingle as best they can. My ideas of perfection just will not come into play here, and that's something I have to accept. I know, I'm making a big deal out of nothing, right?

In other news, I think I've finally gotten a job! I mean, I hope I've gotten this job. It's at MICHAEL'S craft store! Can you believe it? The place where I have purchased about 75 percent of all my wedding needs will soon hopefully be my employer. Fingers, toes, eyes crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment