Home

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Bridal Shower Success

Today was my bridal shower and it was a wonderful success! My mother, grandmother, sister, aunts, and cousins were able to come, as well as my future mother-in-law, her mother, and her sister and a few of my friends from work. There were games, prizes, fresh snacks, homemade cider punch and best of all, the cake...ok, well, the gifts! But the cake was UM-azing!


September was a super busy month with my friend's bridal shower and wedding, all of our wedding planning, and just generally busy days of this and that. My lilac satin padded hangers came in the mail, but I am still waiting on the paper purple lanterns. We also ordered the cake server and flutes yesterday, which made me very excited!

I had to add another table to the guest seating because I invited more people to the wedding after meeting some at my friend's wedding. In five years, I've hardly made any friends, but in 2 months, I've made a half a dozen new friends that I want to invite to the wedding, but money just doesn't grow on trees. Which brings me to other good news...

On Friday, September 30, my mom and I met with the wedding coordinator of our wedding venue and we were able to give him a large chunk of money, which has knocked the bill down a lot! We are down to only owing three digits now, hopefully. We also picked our chair sash color and linen napkin color. I was also able to convince him to let us do aisle seating since it's a small group. Oh, and we also finalized the menu.

I've been hard at work on D-I-Y projects for the wedding, as well as filling out job applications like crazy, and looking for somewhere to live once Kevin and I are married. It's been a really busy (and sometimes very stressful) year, but one of the best years of my life! We got wonderful gifts at the shower, and we've got wonderful friends and family to share our wedding joy with!


No comments:

Post a Comment