Home

Monday, October 10, 2011

Thank you, Michaels!

The place that I have been shopping for years and years has just hired me! Thank you so much, Michaels, for taking a chance on me and giving me work! It's been exactly a year since I quit my last job due to health reasons, and it took a year to find this job!

Right now, it's just seasonal part time help, but the manager said they do hold onto about 66% of their seasonal help after the holidays. I'm so beyond happy I could just scream! I'm also a little nervous because it has been a year since I have worked, but my fiance and my sister have both said the same thing: it's like riding a bike; you never forget how to do it. Right?




Having this job will be great because it increases our chances of being able to get our own place faster. Right now, we are looking at living with my folks after we are married, and this thought doesn't really appeal to me, but in the interest of having any sort of money, it's what's going to have to happen, even if it's just a few short months.

Anyway, in the wedding world, things are looking super great! I am still waiting on my family and friends to toss their reply cards back in the mail to me, and this makes working on the seating chart difficult, but all my other odds and ends are really looking good. We just have a couple more things to buy, such as mints for the cake table, m&m's for the favor boxes, and of course, the marriage license!

I have been spending a lot of time on weddingbee.com, just looking at pictures of receptions and centerpieces and other important aspects of a wedding. I guess I want to make sure I am on the right track with all my stuff. It's really good to know that I am not the only bride who just doesn't really care for flowers. We are doing our centerpieces without any flowers whatsoever and I'm sure they will look just fine. The only flowers we really have are the bouquets and boutonnieres, and those are fake.

Just 32 days before the I DO's!

No comments:

Post a Comment