Home

Sunday, October 16, 2011

I Caved In....

I kind of talked Kevin into buying stuff for a candy buffet. Candy and bowls! I really don't think we spent too much on everything, but then again I haven't really added up everything. We went to Goodwill to get some of the glass containers and I ended up paying anywhere from .49 to 1.99 for about five glass bowls. I also got some at Dollar Tree and paid 4.00. That's not bad, right? All in all, we have 9 neat glass containers for the candy.

Round Glass Floral Bowls

We didn't really get the typical apothecary jars, because we aren't really making this a huge candy buffet, and I want all the candy to be purple so it looks more formal, but it's SO HARD to find purple candy that's not super expensive. I am going to have to improvise on this detail. So far I have Hershey's Bliss milk chocolates, purple Nerds, grape Laffy Taffy, skittles, Dum Dums, Tootsie rolls, Smarties, Grape Mike and Ike, and some Hershey kisses in silver and purple.


Here are the price details:

Hershey Bliss 2 bags 3.68 each = 7.36
Nerds 2 bags 1.98 each = 3.96
Skittles 3 boxes .98 each = 2.94
Dum Dums 2 bags 1.00 each = 2.00
Tootsie Rolls 3 bags 1.00 each = 3.00
Smarties 2 bags 1.00 each = 2.00
Laffy Taffy 2 bags 1.00 each = 2.00
Hershey kisses in purple and silver 1.00 each = not sure because we bought a lot  
Grape Mike and Ike 2 boxes 1.00 each = 2.00

I'd like to get some more purple candy and I thought about going to the Sweet Factory but it's so expensive! After spending 15.00 on just one pound of purple m&m's, I'm kind of worried about going back and getting more. Kevin doesn't want to buy anymore candy, but that's because he doesn't like candy. Mom thinks I have too much candy, but I feel like there will be a good amount of people that will eat most of it. It's too bad the wedding is after Halloween; we could give the left overs to tricker treaters!

Still thinking about getting some purple gum balls, some rock candy, purple sixlets, and maybe some purple licorice!

No comments:

Post a Comment