Home

Monday, September 5, 2011

Apple Jacks and Bridesmaid Gowns


It's nearly 3:30 in the morning and I just finished eating a bowl of Apple Jacks (and of course my cat drinks the left over milk in the bowl!) and I can't sleep. I've had a lot on my mind recently about the wedding and other life changing events. But this post is mainly going to be about the attire for the bride and her maids.

My dutiful Maid of Honor came home all the way from Canada (16 hour drive!) to go to David's Bridal with me to try on gowns and be my guinea pig, as well as my honesty button. We went on a cold December day, December 27th, 2010 to be exact. This was the first time I ever tried on wedding gowns for myself. It was exciting and kind of scary because the prices were intimidating and I wasn't sure if my armpits were shaved or not. (Stubble grows back so quick!)

We first went over the side where the bridesmaids and prom gowns were. We literally had the store mostly to ourselves and the consultant we worked with was awesome, even though she had a mean cold and just found out she was pregnant. She was very helpful with me and helped me weigh the pros and cons of each dress. I wished I could have bought the dress I wanted right then and there so she could have gotten the commission on it, but I didn't have enough money, having just quit my job two months prior.

My maid of honor was a willing participant and tried several styles and colors. I was sure I wanted to use the color Lapis for the bridesmaids gowns. So the first gown my maid of honor tried on was Lapis, in this style:

Satin Empire Ball Gown with Illusion Halter
Style 81441





















Be forewarned: it DEFINITELY does not look like that in the store! The color was much too blue and I was afraid people would think that navy blue was the main color for the gowns when everything else was going to be in purple! This was very disappointing because online this color was going to be perfect! In reality, it just wasn't gonna cut it.

Soft Crinkle Chiffon Halter with Draped Cascade
Style F12688




No comments:

Post a Comment