Home

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Napkin Situation

A good friend of mine recommended stamping my own napkins instead of ordering them and paying so much money. I thought this was a great idea so I got online and ordered a customized stamp with our names and wedding date on them. The website I used was rubberstamps.net. I chose an Art Mounted stamp with the size .5" x 1", which was only $3.95. You can put up to three lines of text and choose the font you want the stamp to be. I chose a Script font. In total, with shipping, the cost of the stamp was less than $9.00.

Kevin and I purchased four packs of napkins in dark purple and light purple. They came in packages of 50 napkins and were only 1.99 each. Two days later, I received the stamp in the mail and was very excited. The ink I bought for the stamp is called Stazon and it was $7.99 at Michaels. (Use a coupon!) I chose the color black for the ink. They also had a royal purple available but I didn't purchase it because I was worried that it wouldn't show up on the darker shade of purple napkins.

Well, I tested the stamp on the napkins and I didn't like it. I was very disappointed in the way it looked on the napkin and it bled a lot. The reason I chose the Stazon ink is because it is waterproof and won't smear when the napkins get wet. Maybe I am stamping the napkins too hard with the ink. I stamped a whole pack of light purple napkins to see if it would look any better and I ended up throwing the whole pack of fifty napkins away. I really thought it was going to be a great idea and I was very happy that my friend recommeded it, but I guess it was not meant to be.

At this point, I am thinking about just putting blank purple napkins on the buffet and cake tables. I don't want to have to do that but in the end, the napkins will be thrown away. I always like to keep engraved wedding napkins as souvenirs, but in years' past, I have ended up putting them away somewhere and losing them. So, I am still working on the napkin situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment