Home

Saturday, September 17, 2011

I Will Not Stalk My Registry....

I have to chant this over and over because now that the bridal shower invites and wedding invites have been mailed and arrived at their destinations, I am anxious to see if anyone has been purchasing anything off of them. I have this fear that no one will even look at the registries and buy anything. I must not check my wedding registries because it will take the fun out of opening the gifts. I may need Kevin to say something to me about this every day until the wedding. Eeeek....

In other news, I have begun working on the wedding programs. I don't know if I like them or not. Big sigh... I always second guess my work because I'm not sure if I actually like it once I complete it and I worry that other people are going to think it looks tacky or stupid. I have all these ideas for things, but I don't want to over do it. I really need something else to take my mind off the wedding... LIKE A JOB!!

Someone please hire me.

1 comment:

  1. Don't look at your registry! Tabi gave me a perfect example of why you SHOULDN'T look. Her sister Stacey had her baby shower yesterday. Tabi bought her a diaper bag that was on the registry. Well, turns out that Stacey's mother-in-law bought the same diaper bag, but told the cashier to leave it on the registry, in case Stacey started to snoop. As a result Stacey got a duplicate gift, the registry was incorrect, and Tabi spent more than she would have if said diaper bag had been taken off the registry. So, the moral of that story is: DON'T SNOOP! You don't want someone to think that you are snooping and then have them leave the purchased gifts on the list. And you certainly don't want duplicates. (Who wants to go return stuff? That's a frustrating waste of time.)

    Also, your programs will look fine. If they end up looking how you want them to, they're perfect. Remember, it's YOUR wedding. It's not about what your guests want. If someone thinks your programs looks tacky, that's the guest's problem and they shouldn't be at your wedding in the first place. Worry about what you like; don't try to figure out what everyone else will like. Everyone else is just a guest, you're the bride.

    And my last piece of sisterly advice for the day: first, it isn't sisterly advice at all. It's brotherly-in-law (I think that's correct grammar) advice because it's advice Rob gave me when I was making stuff for our wedding. When you think a project is finished, put it aside (like, in another room where you don't spend time or in Mom's closet or something) and don't look at it for 24 hours. A full 24! Don't cheat! After the 24 hours is up, look at your project, if you think it needs something, then it probably does. If you think it's fine the way it is, then it's just fine the way it is.

    ReplyDelete