Home

Monday, September 5, 2011

Bridesmaid Gowns Continued

It's Labor Day and we're having a bar-b-que with ribs. We are also making a funfetti cake for my brother-in-law, whose birthday was late last month. No wedding projects to worry about today, thank goodness. But let's get back to the bridesmaid gown situation.

According to my last post, my Maid of Honor had tried on two styles of gowns and we knew that Lapis was not going to be the color after all. Also, apparently you have to be no more than 100 pounds with no curves to make a dress look as good as it does on the website. That's just not how reality works. My maid of honor and I are both curvy girls, so we needed to concentrate on finding a gown that was going to accentuate her curves, and not put unwanted attention on anything else.

We kept at it, and tried on some other styles. They didn't have the bridesmaid gowns in the color purple that we wanted, so she tried on other colors in the styles that we wanted to try out. Side note: since these pictures, she's lost some weight and looks awesome! I wish I could be as dedicated as she is....


Satin and Organza Gown with Beaded Inset
Style F12385




















This was a really pretty dress, and I thought it was going to be the one, but my maid of honor didn't like the way it was laying on her, and my main goal was that my bridal party was going to be wearing something that they were going to be comfortable in. The wrinkles in the middle were not very appetizing either. I know that's part of the style of the dress, but again, it seems like you can't be more than a certain weight or height to pull this off.

Finally, she tried on one last dress, and it happened to be "the one." It came in only seven colors, and PLUM was one of those seven. I couldn't believe it. It was perfect. THE color! And it was on sale for thirty dollars off the original price! We were jumping up and down in happiness, knowing that we had found the dress on the first trip we took. The funny thing is, all those other dresses that she had tried on did not come in PLUM at all. I asked the sales consultant why only certain dresses came in certain colors and she said she didn't know because a lot of people had loved that plum color. This was in December. It is now September 2011 and David's Bridal has updated their collections to include plum as a color for almost all their dresses! Yippee! Oh yeah, here is the winning dress:

Satin Ballgown with Side Ruching and Beaded Bodice
Style F11165

No comments:

Post a Comment