Home

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Marriage Advice?

Why is it that the only people that want to give you marraige advice are the ones whose own marriages are falling apart? Does this ever happen to you? First, I don't even ask people for marriage advice, but because they know I'm getting married in 50 days, they feel it is their duty to wax philosophical on me. It's one thing when you are giving tips on how to make your marriage work and be a success...

It's a completely different situation when you are telling me that I need to be the one that rules the marriage and that I should make all the decisions and my husband just needs to accept that and always put me first. Well, I don't really feel that way because, silly me, I feel that marriage is a union between two people and that both of those people have a say in the major decisions that will affect the couple.


Thanks for your advice, but maybe you should see someone professional if you think that's how a marriage is supposed to function. While I don't agree with you on the above mentioned "advice," I also don't think I should pretend to be June Cleaver and make sure I have my pearls and high heels on while I do housework. I believe that things like housework and major purchases are not something one person in the marriage has to be in charge of.


For better, for worse; for richer, for poorer...

No comments:

Post a Comment