Home

Friday, September 9, 2011

Petals, Veils, Ceremony

In the last few days I have managed to order my veil from Amazon.com. It should be coming any day now. Squeal! I have also managed to dye about 400 rose petals purple, and I have started putting together the exact order of our wedding ceremony. It's definitely not as easy as it looks.

For the wedding veil, I went with a two tier, elbow lenth, ivory pearl drop veil. It's got just the perfect amount of detail, and I hope it will go well enough with the dress. Here is a picture:




Thanks, Delicate Spirits! 

For the rose petals, I got on Dollar Tree's website and there was a project sheet for dying the rose petals. Super easy, but a little time consuming. Supplies included 2 bags of white rose petals from Dollar Tree, a stock pot and large spoon, liquid or powder dye, a collander, salt, and a towel. Here is the link for the project sheet: Dying Fabric Rose Petals

The rose petals came out great! The project sheet said to let them simmer for three to six hours, depending on how dark you wanted them. It also said to use two boxes of the 1 1/8 boxes of Rit dye. Well, I only had one box on hand and I just went with it. And, I only simmered mine for three and a half hours and they came out very dark. I think they will match very well. Their color does depend on what lighting they are under. In bright lighting, they look plum, and in dimmer lighting, they look closer to the color in the above picture.

Our ceremony is going to be a traditional Episcopal wedding ceremony. We are using one of the Canon Reverends from Kevin's church. We have to do a few sessions of premarital counseling, but I'm not worried about that at all. Bring it on, baby! The Rev. is a really nice guy and he is taking us to Jimmy Johns for lunch too. When he told us that, Kevin and I looked at each other and grinned real big because we both love Jimmy Johns. Slim 1 all the way!

The ceremony will start with the processional while the bridesmaids and groomsmen come in arm and arm. Kevin and the Rev. will be up there already, standing on the side. We don't really have an altar, more like just a big open space. I am seriously considering renting some kind of arch for the occasion, but that takes money!

After the bridesmaids and groomsmen walk down the aisle, our flower girls and ring bearer will walk down the aisle together and then be seated with their parents. Then, Dad and I will walk down the aisle and the Rev. will make his opening remarks. There will be a Declaration of Consent, and prayer readings as well.

We meet with the Rev. on September 15 to finalize the order of the ceremony and all the requirements. I can't wait to get everything in order on paper so that I won't feel as nervous about it. We are going to have to rehearse it a couple of times because there is lots of hand holding and positions, and standing and kneeling. I feel nervous that I will mess it up or have to ask the Rev. to repeat something. Oh well, as long as the end result is that we are married.


No comments:

Post a Comment