Home

Monday, September 19, 2011

To Candy Buffet or Not to Candy Buffet...

I've been thinking a lot about whether or not we should incorporate a candy buffet into the wedding reception. This has been on my mind off and on for weeks. First, I'm not even sure that our venue will allow for a candy bar since it's something we would have to pay for and bring in ourselves and they have a strict policy that no outside food can be taken in or out of the premises. Blah, blah, blah. Plus, it adds up to buy the jars and candy to display.

Here are cute ideas for candy buffets that I would love to copy.



1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of a candy bar, but you're probably right about the venue not allowing stuff in or out. You would probably have to rent another table and buy all the candy and the display stuff. I've never seen candy buffets/bars before, but I bet they're done instead of having a wedding cake. Especially if the bride, groom, or important guests can't eat cake because they're allergic to wheat gluten. That's what the table in the middle picture looks like. It looks like it's set up more like a cake table. So if you and Kevin are going to have a cake, I'd forgo the candy buffet. Rob and I had a fair amount of children at our wedding, and it was hard enough trying to keep their fingers out of the cake. I can't imagine what it would be like to keep kids away from a candy buffet.

    ReplyDelete