Home

Friday, September 2, 2011

Wedding Diddies

Since Kevin and I are not getting married in a church, I thought I would take some liberties with the music I would choose to walk down the aisle to. I knew I didn't want the traditional Wedding March or the Air on G String that a lot of typical ceremonies include. No, I wanted music that I had grown up listening to and thinking "Man, that would be a great song to have at my wedding!" I got on the website Wedding Museum and started scrolling through all the possibilities. My aunt had walked down the aisle to Bryan Adams when she got married in the mid-90's and I just loved the idea of putting in my own favorites.

Here is something a little weird: Kevin doesn't listen to music. Yeah, I know. He just doesn't dig today's popular hits, or even yesteryear's popular hits. Everytime we are in the car together he has the station set to 88.7, which is like classic jazz here in Indianapolis. Basically, this is music that I just can't listen to because it puts me to sleep. Having a large musical taste (execept for classical jazz, apparently), I think I am going to dabble in several music genres to pick my ceremony songs and choose a little bit of everything for the reception. Here are some samples of songs I would really like to incorporate into the wedding ceremony and reception.

Bryan Adam - "Everything I Do, I Do it For You"

Garth Brooks - "To Make You Feel My Love"

Fleetwood Mac - "Landslide"

The Beatles - "All You Need is Love"

Jimi Hendrix - "Foxy Lady"

Van Morrison - "Crazy Love"


See if you can guess which songs I am going to use for different parts of my wedding such as the processional and recessional, as well as the traditions of cake cutting, bouquet toss, garter toss, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment