Home

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wedding Brain

It's 5:30 in the morning, and there are still two months until the wedding, so why can't I fall asleep? I have "Wedding Brain." I can't stop thinking about all the stuff that still needs to be done and paid for. Sure, we have the flowers done and the favors done, but there is still a hefty balance on the venue that is due three weeks before the wedding. I also need to get more table card holders, the cake server set, the champagne flutes, the cocktail napkins, and gifts for certain people. It's really stressful to plan a wedding!

The cake server set and champagne flutes that I want are Lenox "True Love" and I just fell in love with them the moment I saw them. They are only $30 each on Amazon.com and at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I have put them on my wedding registry, so if any of my kind and loving friends and family think about it, they would be great gifts for the bridal shower! This is what they look like:



If push comes to shove, and we don't have enough time or money, I guess Kevin and I will be heading to Wal-mart to get the cake server and flutes. In the end, I know this isn't a big thing to worry about, but I really want something like this with our names and wedding date engraved. It would be so great to have this stuff and keep it and show it to my kids someday.

As far as the cocktail napkins, everywhere I have looked is just really expensive and I'm starting to think it's not going to be worth it. There will be the favor boxes with our name and date on those that I created, so why pay close to forty dollars for paper napkins that people are gonna use as coasters and to wipe the ranch dressing off their faces with? Again, this might turn into another Wal-mart endeavor. I will settle for just plain purple and lilac napkins to put out on the buffet and cake table if I have to.

My poor mother is talking about selling furniture and my dad's telescope and our elliptical just to pay for this stuff. It makes me feel really bad and I may have had a small freak out tonight. Very small. I just got overwhelmed with the stress factor and started to feel hopeless about it all. But, as Kevin says, we will find a way....

No comments:

Post a Comment